JW Scheduler 5.1.0
Release Date: 2021-08-30
We are pleased to announce that JW Scheduler has now implemented Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) for Congregation Sharing! This makes JW Scheduler even more secure.
After updating, anyone using Congregation Sharing will need to click Congregation > Congregation Sharing and create a JW Scheduler Account, then Login.
FINAL REMINDER: All Publishers should be using JWS Publisher app 1.2.7 or greater. Older versions will no longer work.
- Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) for Congregation Sharing. This makes JW Scheduler even more secure, and requires an elder to know both the Congregation ID and Congregation Sharing Password, as well as have the Congregation Administrator manually add their Email Address to the congregation. (Add Shared Member).
- Note: For security, your JW Scheduler Account Email must *exactly match* the email address of your Shared Member. You must also Verify your email address. Please click Help > Congregation Sharing for more information.
- New Sharing Logs. Sharing Logs have been completely re-designed, and are now much easier to see what data has changed.
- New App Logs. App Logs have been completely re-designed, and are now much easier to see what data was Sent to or Received from the App.
- Congregation Sharing view has been greatly simplified.
- Shared Members now show the Program Version for each member.
- Password Update Reminder to change the Congregation Sharing Password every year, or if you have an insecure password.
- Member PIN no longer need to authenticate with Congregation Sharing.
- General security improvements and upgrades.
PUBLIC SPEAKER SHARING
- Many Updates and Fixes. If you are having problems, please Disable and then Re-Enable.
- Help view has been updated to include more Help, and better match our website Help & Support.
- Scheduling “Warning” icon will now show if a member is Away.
- Schedule View Weekly Overview design improvements.
- Several minor updates to emailing.
- Weekly Overview – Design improved to better match JW Library
- Public Speakers Exchange History – Added Checkbox “Future only”. Also adds Outline.
- Several other minor updates and improvements to various reports.
- Armenian Հայերեն
- Gujarati ગુજરાતી
JW Scheduler is now available in 67 languages!
- Several Congregation Sharing, JWS Publisher App and Public Speaker Sharing bug fixes.
Previous Versions of JW Scheduler
JW Scheduler 5.0.0
Release Date: 2021-07-30
To help us better manage Registration and Support, your First name and Email address are now required to use JW Scheduler. Please enter this information after you update.
Export for Circuit Overseer (CO). This allows you to Export all your data and securely send to your Circuit Overseer. He can then import your data during his visit and delete once he leaves. See Help > Importing / Exporting > Export for Circuit Overseer.
Custom Field Service Assignment. You can now schedule a Custom Field Service Assignment, such as Zoom Host, as well as Field Service Conductor. See Member > Assign and Schedule > Field Service.
Data Waiting to Send to App. If there is any data waiting to Send to the App, this will be highlighted by a Red Circle next to the App button. Please always send any data before closing JW Scheduler.
Check Contact Details Request Date. Check Contact Details will now show when the Request was made, and if the request is still outstanding. This should help ensure all publisher information is up to date. See App > App Members.
Scheduling Warning Triangle. When scheduling, a new Warning Triangle will show if a member already has an Assignment or Duty on that date. Hover over to list what specific Assignment or Duty they have.
- Shared Members will be automatically deleted if they haven’t logged in within 120 days.
- Shared Members should usually be Appointed Brothers only. A warning is now given if you try to add a sister.
- Sharing Logs now show First Name + Last Name Initial.
- Kingdom Hall Operating Committee members can now be added. See Congregation > Congregation Assignments
- When settings Congregation Field Service Report as Submitted, the secretary will now be shown a list of members whose Active/Inactive, Regular/Irregular status will change.
- Previous Congregation Events older than 60 days will be automatically deleted.
- Inactive and Disfellowshipped members can now have their ‘Last Report’ added. This will be kept indefinitely and print on S-21 Publisher Cards (as per sfl directions). See Members > Spiritual.
- Emergency Contacts now have an extra Mobile (Cell) phone field.
- Emergency Contacts will now show the date they were last checked or updated.
- If a member was a Life and Ministry Assistant, their CLM History will now show who the Main member was.
- Living as Christians parts will now update if the Congregation Language changes.
- When scheduling Local Public Talks, the two Custom Assignments (e.g. Closing Prayer) can now have Free Text as well as a member. This means you could add either the Public Speakers name, or “Circuit Overseer” and have this display on the schedule.
- Local Public Talks schedule will now display 18 months in advance.
- Field Service Scheduling now has a “Hide Group Arrangement” option. Use this if you need to schedule a combined Weekend Field Service meeting when you would normally have Group Arrangements (e.g. once per month, Public Holidays, etc).
PRINTING and TEMPLATES
- Additional Filters for many reports. (e.g. All Elders, All Brothers, All Field Service Groups, etc.)
- Group By Family now supported in many reports. (e.g. Field Service Groups, Contact Lists, Emergency Contact Lists, etc.)
- NEW Away Periods Report.
- NEW Congregation Field Service Summary report.
- NEW Publishers Field Service Detailed report.
- UPDATED Field Service Summary report.
- UPDATED Congregation Field Service Summary and Congregation Summary now include 3-month averages.
- UPDATED Members Detailed Information now includes when their Emergency Contacts were last checked or updated.
JWS PUBLISHER APP
- Can now send Field Service Report directly from the Ministry Assistant app (Android only). We are trying to work with other developers to add more compatibility in the future.
- Congregation Announcements can now be ordered. They will display on the App in this order.
- New Announcements, Congregation Events, Assignments and Duties will now show a STAR icon for a full 24 hours.
- Increased upcoming Midweek and Weekend meetings from 2 weeks to 3 weeks.
- The current Midweek and Weekend meeting will now still show on the app for 24 hours after the meeting finishes.
- Congregation Events can now have Reminders. In the app, click Settings > Enable Congregation Event reminders.
- Shows 2 Auxiliary Schools.
- Audience for each Auxiliary School is now shown on the App.
- App Attachments will now open with the phones default viewer, not web browser.
- Disable App Access moved to the Member Information screen.
- Long Event Names will now center better.
- Language Selector size adjusted.
- All popup Windows and Dialog boxes have been redesigned and modernised.
- Various Textboxes will now focus automatically, e.g. Password Protect, Member Search, etc.
- Beta Testers can now submit their Beta Report from directly within JW Scheduler.
- Password Protect screen updated.
- Many UI improvements for foreign languages. If you notice any buttons/labels that don’t fit properly, please Contact Us.
- JW Scheduler Backup files have a new extension: .JWSchedulerBackup
- Importing instructions and Log files now simpler and easy to use
- Meeting Attendance Graph now rounds to 0.1
- JW Scheduler: Finnish and Xhosa. JW Scheduler is now in 65 languages!
- JWS Publisher App: Greek, Dutch, Finnish, Swedish, Jamaican Creole. JWS Publisher App is now in 15 languages!
- Many minor bug fixes and performance improvements. Please note most Bug Fixes were already included in the various Build Updates. Please click Settings > Check for Updates if you have any problems or bugs.
JW Scheduler 4.9.0
Release Date: 2021-05-27
We are pleased to announce JWS Publisher App is now available on Amazon devices! This was a huge amount of work and expense, but will help many brothers and sisters living in poorer areas, who mostly own inexpensive amazon tablets.
Reminder: Please help all publishers to update to JWS Publisher App 1.3.0 or greater. Please see Help > JWS Publisher App for more information.
- One-off Congregation Events. You can now create special “one-off” Congregation Events and send these to a specific group of people. E.G. Elders meeting, Pioneer Meeting, LDC Meeting, Maintenance Day, Reading Class, etc. See Help > Congregation Events.
- Convention Event. Assembly / Convention event has been split into two separate Event types. ‘Convention’ Events will not override midweek meetings.
- Other Groups. In addition to Field Service Groups, Other Groups can now be created, e.g. Elders, Regular Pioneers, etc. Other Groups can be used when sending One-off Congregation Events, scheduling Hospitality, Cleaning and Garden Care. See Help > Groups and Families.
- User Access. 3 new types of Congregation Sharing User Access are available: ‘Locations and Circuits’, ‘Member Spiritual’ and ‘Publisher Records by Group’. For security, new User Access is by default set to None. Congregation Administrators should adjust for all Shared Members. See Help > User Access.
- Check for Updates. Settings > Check for Updates will now find Build Updates. Build Updates are minor bug-fix updates which can be optionally installed if you have a problem or bug. These will not affect Congregation Sharing. See Help > Updating JW Scheduler.
GROUPS AND FAMILIES
- Groups and Families View updated to include Other Groups.
- Multiple members can now be quickly added or removed from Groups or Families.
- Field Service Groups can now have multiple Field Service Meetings per week, on any day, and are now automatically shown on the schedule.
- Locations can now include a Link, which will show in the App under Field Service Schedule.
- Locations have been moved to Congregation > Locations and Circuits.
- Life and Ministry schedule now has a Clear All button to clear the whole weeks schedule.
- Public Talks schedule can now add a Public Talk with no Speaker or Congregation, only an Outline. (Useful for Convention weeks)
- Public Talks will now schedule correctly on Midweek ‘Weekend Meeting’ dates.
- Field Service Schedule interface has been improved, giving more space for the Schedule and on smaller screens.
- Field Service Group Meetings are now automatically shown on the schedule. Therefore ‘Group Arrangements’ has been removed.
- Cleaning and Gardening can now be scheduled by Field Service Group, Other Group or Neighbor Congregation. Garden Captain role removed.
PRINTING and TEMPLATES
- Printing View updated to be clearer and easier to select what you want.
- NEW Field Service Schedule Template to print 4-weeks per page.
- UPDATED Congregation Summary Report to include Totals.
- UPDATED Field Service Summary Report. Can now select which Group and Period, including multiple months. Added Totals and Averages.
- UPDATED Assignment Slips can now optionally include Phone Numbers.
JWS – PUBLISHER APP
- Field Service Schedule can now show Field Service Meeting Location Links.
- Option to show CLM Timing on the App Schedule.
- Added App Members – Reset Devices button. Please see Help > JWS – Publisher > App Members.
- App Members Filter updated and now includes Delegated
- CO Midweek and Weekend Talk Theme and song numbers now show on App Schedule.
- Late Reports received from the App will now automatically be marked as Late.
- Part Titles for Treasure, Living 1 and 2 are now shown on the App Schedule.
- Congregation Information – Circuit is now a drop-down selection based on Circuits found in Locations and Circuits.
- Congregation Information – Weekend Meeting can now be set to a midweek date.
- Congregation Events will no longer clear any schedules. If required, these must be manually cleared.
- Expired Congregation Announcements will be automatically removed from JW Scheduler one week after the expire, and on the App immediately after they expire.
- Members > Assign Garden Captain role removed.
– User Access Load Suggested no longer requires clicking ‘Load’.
- Many App related bug fixes.
- Emergency Contacts can be selected from the Congregation again.
- Various other bug fixes and performance improvements.