JW Scheduler Congregation Sharing allows appointed brothers quickly and easily keep up-to-date with what is happening in the congregation, automatically sharing and synchronizing data between approved brothers.
Congregation Sharing does not store sensitive or confidential information online, therefore is fully compliant with sfl.
To ensure your data always syncs correctly, please only edit or change data when your Congregation Sharing Status says “Connected” in the top-left corner.
Connect to your Congregation
Enable Congregation Sharing
Note: Only ONE elder should Create and Share the congregation, all other elders should Open this congregation from Sharing. If multiple elders have separately created congregations, you cannot merge them.
- Click Congregation > Congregation Sharing
- Select your closest Sharing Region
- Note: This determines which JW Scheduler Sharing Server you will use. Please select the region closest to where you live and remember your selection.
- Click Enable Congregation Sharing
- Create a Congregation Sharing Password
- Note: Please choose a secure password, and then remember the password. It must be given to other brothers to enable them to connect to your congregation.
- Note: Passwords must have at least 8 characters and include lowercase, UPPERCASE and numbers.
- Identify yourself by selecting yourself from the List
- Create a 6-digit Member PIN and click OK.
- Note: This Member PIN is used to authenticate you. It must be 6-digits. Please remember your Member PIN.
- Your Congregation has now been shared!
- Note: To let other brothers connect, please see Add Members to Congregation Sharing below.
- Note: To connect to this congregation from your other personal devices, see Open a Congregation from Sharing
Any Shared Member who has Congregation Sharing – Edit User Access is considered a Congregation Administrator. In the Shared Members list, they will have a small user-gear icon next to their name.
Congregation Administrators are responsible for:
- Setting or changing the Congregation Sharing Password.
- Adding, removing or resetting PIN for other Shared Members.
- Setting the correct User Access for all other Shared Members.
We strongly recommend having at least 2 Congregation Administrators. This would usually be at least the COBE and Secretary, but can be more.
Change or Edit the Shared Congregation
Only Congregation Administrators can Change or Edit the Shared Congregation.
Congregation Administrators can perform the following:
- Change Password. This will change the Congregation Sharing Password.
- Note: This will affect all other members who connect to this congregation. Please remember to tell them the new password!
- Change Region. To change Sharing Region, please first Disable Sharing, then re-setup on the new Sharing Region.
- Note: This will affect all other members who connect to this congregation. Please remember to tell them the new region!
- Disable Sharing. This will remove your Congregation from Congregation Sharing.
- Note: This will affect all other members who connect to this congregation. This should only be done if your Congregation no longer wants to use Congregation Sharing.
Add Members to Congregation Sharing
Before any other members can connect to your congregation, they must first be added to the Shared Members list.
- Note: Only Congregation Administrators can add members to the Sharing List.
- Click Congregation > Congregation Sharing
- If you haven’t already done so, Connect to your congregation.
- Under the Congregation heading, click Add Member
- Find and select the member, click OK
- Note: If there are no members in this list, click Members > Add Member. Ensure each member has an email address set.
- Note: Adding a member to Shared Members does not send them an email or any notification. They must connect to the congregation themselves by clicking Open from Congregation Sharing
- Tell the member the correct Sharing Region, Congregation ID and Congregation Password
- The member should now install JW Scheduler on their computer, and click Open from Congregation Sharing
- Note: If other members have already created a JW Scheduler congregation, they should first Delete that congregation
- Note: For security, if a Member has not connected within the last 60 days, they will Expire and cannot connect.
Edit Shared Members
Only Congregation Administrators are able to Edit Shared Members.
To edit or update a Shared Member, first select the Member from the Shared Members List, then click one of the following buttons:
- User Access. This controls what parts of JW Scheduler the user can view or edit. Please see JW Scheduler User Access for more information.
- Clear Devices. Clears the devices for a user. For example, if a user gets a new computer, you should click Clear Devices to remove their old device.
- Reset PIN. Resets the Member PIN of the Shared Member. The next time they connect they will be able to Create a new Member PIN. You should use this if someone has forgotten their Member PIN.
- Remove Member. Remove the Shared Member from Congregation Sharing. This will not remove them from the Congregation.
Congregation Sharing Logs
All interaction with the sharing server is logged for debugging and security purposes. These logs can be viewed by any brother connected to Congregation Sharing.
- Master Log. Records all major changes to your Congregation, such as changing the password, adding a new member to Sharing, resetting a member password, etc.
- Server Update Log. Records what data was sent or uploaded to to the Sharing Server by all users. This happens whenever data is changed by any user. The log indicates which user and computer made which changes.
- Local Download Log. Records what data was downloaded from the server to your computer, including who made the change to the data.
- Note: If you have any problems with Congregation Sharing, please carefully check the Sharing Logs.
Congregation Sharing User Access
User Access is now built into Congregation Sharing. If Congregation Sharing is enabled, User Access is also automatically enabled and can not be disabled. Please see JW Scheduler User Access for more information.
Congregation Sharing Registration Key
JW Scheduler offers an option to Register JW Scheduler with a Congregation License. This allows all approved appointed brothers to use the FULL Version of JW Scheduler when connecting to this congregation.
Once a Congregation Registration Key has been entered by a Congregation Sharing Administrator, JW Scheduler will automatically convert to the FULL Version for each brother who connects to the congregation. There is no need for each brother to Enter the Registration Key.