JW Scheduler Congregation Sharing allows any approved appointed brother to quickly and easily keep up-to-date with what is happening in the congregation. Congregation data entered into JW Scheduler can be automatically shared and synchronized between all brothers.
Congregation Sharing does not store any confidential data online, therefore is fully compliant with sfl. Congregation Sharing is also fully compliant with the strict European GDPR Privacy Laws, since the data is never accessed by anyone outside of the European Union.
- Note: We kindly request each person who uses Congregation Sharing first spend a few minutes reading these Help pages and learning how Congregation Sharing works, how to correctly use Congregation Sharing, and what your responsibilities are.
To enable Congregation Sharing, click Congregation > Congregation Sharing.
Enable Congregation Sharing
Note: If Congregation Sharing has already been enabled for your congregation, and you wish to connect to this congregation, please see How to Open a Congregation from Sharing. Only ONE elder should Create and Share the congregation, all other elders should Open this congregation from Sharing. If multiple elders have separately created congregations, you cannot merge them.
- First, carefully read all information on this page and Common Sharing Questions & Answers.
- Second, please understand that if you have problems, you should first check Common Sharing Problems & Solutions before contacting us.
- Click Congregation > Congregation Sharing
- Select your closest Sharing Region
- Note: This determines which JW Scheduler Sharing Server you will use. Please select the region closest to where you live.
- Note: You have the responsibility to remember which Sharing Region you selected and telling the other brothers.
- Click Enable Congregation Sharing
- Create a Congregation Sharing Password
- Note: The Sharing Region, Congregation ID and Congregation Password must be given to any approved appointed brothers who need to connect to your congregation.
- Note: You have the responsibility to remember the Sharing Password and telling the other brothers.
- Identify yourself by selecting yourself from the List.
- Note: If there are no members in this list, first click Members > Add Member. Ensure each member has an email address set.
- Note: Only Elders can enable Congregation Sharing.
- Create a 6-digit Member PIN and click OK.
- Note: This Member PIN is used to authenticate you. It must be 6-digits.
- Note: You have the responsibility to remember your 6-digit Member PIN.
- Your Congregation has now been shared!
- Note: To let other appointed brothers connect to this congregation, please see How to Add Members to Congregation Sharing below.
- Note: To connect to this congregation from your other personal devices, please see How to Open a Congregation from Sharing.
Add Members to Congregation Sharing
Before any other members can connect to your congregation, they must first be added to the Shared Members list.
Only Congregation Administrators can add members to the Sharing List.
- Note: Any member who has Congregation Sharing – Edit access is considered a Congregation Administrator.
- Click Congregation > Congregation Sharing
- If you haven’t already done so, Connect to your congregation.
- Under the Congregation heading, click Add Member.
- Find and select the member, click OK.
- Note: If there are no members in this list, click Members > Add Member. Ensure each member has an email address set.
- Note: Adding a member to Shared Members does not send them an email or any notification. They must connect to the congregation themselves by clicking Open from Congregation Sharing.
- Tell the member the Sharing Region, Congregation ID and Congregation Password.
- Note: For security reasons, the member has 7 days to connect before the invitation will expire. If a member expires, click Re-Share.
- Note: During this 7 day period, they can connect with multiple personal devices. After 7 days if they wish to connect with a new device, click Allow More Devices.
- The member should now install JW Scheduler on their computer, and click Open from Congregation Sharing.
- Note: If other members have already created a JW Scheduler congregation, they should first Delete that congregation.
Edit Shared Members
Only Congregation Administrators are able to Edit Shared Members.
To edit or update a Shared Member, first select the Member from the Shared Members List, then click one of the following buttons:
- Refresh Information. Updates the Name, Privilege and Email of a Shared Member. You should use this if the Name, Privilege or Email of a Shared Member has changed, or is showing incorrectly in the Shared Members list.
- Allow More Devices. Allow the Shared Member to connect additional personal devices, such as another laptop or computer.
- Re-Share. Re-Shares all your current congregation and member data with the selected Shared Member. This will override all their current data with your data. You should use this if someones data is out-of-sync.
- Reset PIN. Reset the Member PIN of the Shared Member. The next time they connect they will be able to Create a new Member PIN. You should use this if someone has forgotten their Member PIN.
- Remove Member. Remove the Shared Member from Congregation Sharing. This will not remove them from the Congregation. You should use this if you no longer want to Share the Congregation with someone.
Change or Edit the Shared Congregation
Only Congregation Administrators can Change or Edit the Shared Congregation.
- To change the Congregation Sharing Password, click Change Password.
- Note: This will affect all other members who connect to this congregation. Please remember to tell them the new password!
- To change the Congregation Sharing Region, first click Disable Sharing. Then re-setup Congregation Sharing using the new Sharing Region.
- Note: This will affect all other members who connect to this congregation. All other members should click Disconnect and then Connect to the new Sharing Region.
- To Remove the Congregation from Sharing, click Disable Sharing.
- Note: This will affect all other members who connect to this congregation. This should only be done if your Congregation no longer wants to use Congregation Sharing.
Congregation Sharing User Access
User Access is now built into Congregation Sharing. If Congregation Sharing is enabled, User Access is also automatically enabled and can not be disabled. Please see JW Scheduler User Access for more information.
Congregation Sharing Registration Key
JW Scheduler now offers an option to Register JW Scheduler with a Congregation License. This allows all approved appointed brothers to use the FULL Version of JW Scheduler when connecting to this congregation.
Once a Congregation Registration Key has been entered by a Congregation Sharing Administrator, JW Scheduler will automatically convert to the FULL Version for each brother who connects to the congregation. There is no need for each brother to Enter the Registration Key.