JW Scheduler Congregation Sharing allows any approved appointed brother to quickly and easily keep up-to-date with what is happening in the congregation. Congregation data entered into JW Scheduler can be automatically shared and synchronized between all brothers.
Congregation Sharing does not store any confidential data online, therefore is fully compliant with sfl. Congregation Sharing is also fully compliant with the strict European GDPR Privacy Laws, since the data is never accessed by anyone outside of the European Union.
- Note: We kindly request each person who uses Congregation Sharing first spend a few minutes reading these Help pages and learning how Congregation Sharing works, how to correctly use Congregation Sharing, and what your responsibilities are.
Enable Congregation Sharing
Note: If Congregation Sharing has already been enabled for your congregation, and you wish to connect to this congregation, please see How to Open a Congregation from Sharing. Only ONE elder should Create and Share the congregation, all other elders should Open this congregation from Sharing. If multiple elders have separately created congregations, you cannot merge them.
- First, carefully read all information on this page and Common Sharing Questions & Problems
- Click Congregation > Congregation Sharing
- Select your closest Sharing Region
- Note: This determines which JW Scheduler Sharing Server you will use. Please select the region closest to where you live.
- Note: You have the responsibility to remember which Sharing Region you selected and tell the other brothers.
- Click Enable Congregation Sharing
- Create a Congregation Sharing Password
- Note: The Sharing Region, Congregation ID and Congregation Password must be given to any approved appointed brothers who need to connect to your congregation.
- Note: You have the responsibility to remember the Sharing Password and tell the other brothers.
- Identify yourself by selecting yourself from the List.
- Note: If there are no members in this list, first click Members > Add Member. Ensure each member has an email address set.
- Note: Only Elders can enable Congregation Sharing.
- Create a 6-digit Member PIN and click OK.
- Note: This Member PIN is used to authenticate you. It must be 6-digits.
- Note: You have the responsibility to remember your 6-digit Member PIN.
- Your Congregation has now been shared!
- Note: To let other appointed brothers connect to this congregation, please see How to Add Members to Congregation Sharing below.
- Note: To connect to this congregation from your other personal devices, please see How to Open a Congregation from Sharing.
Any Shared Member who has Congregation Sharing – Edit User Access is considered a Congregation Administrator. The person who enables Congregation Sharing is automatically given full access.
Congregation Administrators are responsible for:
- Setting or changing the Congregation Sharing Password.
- Adding, Resetting or ReSharing other Shared Members.
- Maintaining User Access for all other Shared Members.
We strongly recommend having at least 2 Congregation Administrators. This would usually be the COBE and Secretary.
Add Members to Congregation Sharing
Before any other members can connect to your congregation, they must first be added to the Shared Members list.
Only Congregation Administrators can add members to the Sharing List.
- Note: Any member who has Congregation Sharing – Edit access is considered a Congregation Administrator.
- Click Congregation > Congregation Sharing
- If you haven’t already done so, Connect to your congregation.
- Under the Congregation heading, click Add Member.
- Find and select the member, click OK.
- Note: If there are no members in this list, click Members > Add Member. Ensure each member has an email address set.
- Note: Adding a member to Shared Members does not send them an email or any notification. They must connect to the congregation themselves by clicking Open from Congregation Sharing.
- Tell the member the Sharing Region, Congregation ID and Congregation Password.
- Note: For security reasons, the member has 3 days to connect before the invitation will expire. If a member expires, click Re-Share.
- Note: During this 3 day period, they can connect with multiple personal devices. After 3 days if they wish to connect with a new device, click Allow More Devices.
- The member should now install JW Scheduler on their computer, and click Open from Congregation Sharing.
- Note: If other members have already created a JW Scheduler congregation, they should first Delete that congregation.
Edit Shared Members
Only Congregation Administrators are able to Edit Shared Members.
To edit or update a Shared Member, first select the Member from the Shared Members List, then click one of the following buttons:
- User Access. This controls what parts of JW Scheduler the user can view or edit. Please see JW Scheduler User Access for more information.
- Re-Share. Re-Shares all your current congregation and member data with the selected Shared Member. This will override all their current data with your data. You should use this if someone’s data is out-of-sync.
- Allow More Devices. Allow the Shared Member to connect with an additional personal device, such as another laptop or computer. Each user can have a maximum of 2 devices.
- Clear Devices. Clears the devices for a user. For example, if a user gets a new computer, you should click Clear Devices to remove their old device.
- Reset PIN. Reset the Member PIN of the Shared Member. The next time they connect they will be able to Create a new Member PIN. You should use this if someone has forgotten their Member PIN.
- Remove Member. Remove the Shared Member from Congregation Sharing. This will not remove them from the Congregation. You should use this if you no longer want to Share the Congregation with someone.
Change or Edit the Shared Congregation
Only Congregation Administrators can Change or Edit the Shared Congregation.
Congregation Administrators can perform the following:
- Change Password. This will change the Congregation Sharing Password.
- Note: This will affect all other members who connect to this congregation. Please remember to tell others the new password!
- Disable Sharing. This will remove your Congregation from Congregation Sharing.
- Note: This will affect all other members who connect to this congregation. This should only be done if your Congregation no longer wants to use Congregation Sharing.
Congregation Sharing Logs
All interaction with the Sharing Service is logged for debugging and security purposes. These logs can be viewed by any brother connected to Congregation Sharing.
- Master Log. Records all major changes to your Congregation, such as changing the password, adding a new member to Sharing, resetting a member password, etc.
- Server Update Log. Records all data that was sent or uploaded to to the Sharing Server by all users. This happens whenever data is changed by any user. The log indicates which user and computer made which changes.
- Local Download Log. Records all data that was downloaded from the server to your computer, including who made the change to the data.
- Note: If you have any problems with Congregation Sharing, please check the Sharing Logs.
Congregation Sharing User Access
User Access is now built into Congregation Sharing. If Congregation Sharing is enabled, User Access is also automatically enabled and can not be disabled. Please see JW Scheduler User Access for more information.
Congregation Sharing Registration Key
JW Scheduler offers an option to Register JW Scheduler with a Congregation License. This allows all approved appointed brothers to use the FULL Version of JW Scheduler when connecting to this congregation.
Once a Congregation Registration Key has been entered by a Congregation Sharing Administrator, JW Scheduler will automatically convert to the FULL Version for each brother who connects to the congregation. There is no need for each brother to Enter the Registration Key.