JW Scheduler and JW Hourglass App are JW apps or theocratic software programs designed to help JW congregation elders maintain congregation Publisher Record Cards and Field Service Reports.
If you are currently using Hourglass App, we invite you to give JW Scheduler a try. That way you can determine which app better suits your needs and the needs of the brothers in your congregation
JW Scheduler strongly believes your congregation and member data is your own, and you should be able to Import and Export your data as you wish. We also believe it is fair and right to allow data exchange between other scheduling programs.
Therefore, JW Scheduler supports Importing and Exporting data into a variety of common file formats.
How to Import from Hourglass
- Note: If you have already created a congregation, we strongly recommend you first Delete the congregation before importing from Hourglass. If you have already been using JW Scheduler for a long time and are unable to delete the congregation, it is possible to import data into an existing congregation. Please see the Import Data into an Existing Congregation below.
- First you must use the Hourglass website to Export the congregation.
- Visit https://app.hourglass-app.com/ and login.
- Click Congregation > Export
- Download the hourglass-export file to your computer, e.g. My Documents.
- Open JW Scheduler
- At Getting Started, click Import Congregation from Hourglass
- Carefully follow the instructions and click Import
- Your data will now import.
- Once the Import is completed, the import log will appear. This shows what data was imported into JW Scheduler as well as any data that could not be imported.
- Please carefully check the Import Log, and click Save Import Log if necessary.
- Note: When you click Save Import Log, you will be asked where to save this file to. Select a location on your computer, e.g. Documents.
- If there are any major problems, see Import Problems
Import Data into an Existing Congregation
- Important: We strongly recommend you import Hourglass data when you first create a JW Scheduler congregation by following the instructions above. If you have already created a JW Scheduler congregation, we strongly recommend you first Delete the congregation before importing.
However, if someone else in your congregation has already been using JW Scheduler for a long time, you can import the following data into an existing JW Scheduler congregation:
- Import Problems
- Import a Congregation
- Import Members and Publisher Records
- Import Field Service data into an existing congregation
- Import Public Speakers into an existing congregation
- Export for Circuit Overseer (CO)
- Delete a existing congregation