JW Scheduler and KHS Majestic (Kingdom Hall Scheduler) are JW apps or theocratic software programs designed to help elders schedule the Christian Life and Ministry Meeting, Public Talks, Duties, Kingdom Hall Cleaning, Lawn and Garden Care and even more.
If you are currently using KHS Majestic we invite you to give JW Scheduler a try. That way you can determine which app better suits your needs and the needs of the brothers in your congregation.
JW Scheduler strongly believes your congregation and member data is your own, and you should be able to Import and Export your data as you wish. We also believe that as true Christians, it is both reasonable and right to allow data exchange between other JW scheduling programs. JW Scheduler supports Importing and Exporting Members into a variety of common file formats.
Unfortunately, some software companies go to great lengths to lock users in and do not provide ways to export Member or Field Service data. While this practise is unethical and actually illegal in some countries, there is little we can do if a software company does this.
Import Data from Majestic KHS into JW Scheduler
Important Notes - Please read first
- If you have already created a congregation, we strongly recommend you first Delete the congregation before importing from Majestic KHS. If you have already been using JW Scheduler for a long time and are unable to delete the congregation, it is possible to import data into an existing congregation. Please see the Import Data into an Existing Congregation below.
- If you want to also import Member Field Service Data (Publisher Records) or Meeting Attendance Records, please first Contact Us to request additional instructions.
- Please ensure you are using JW Scheduler version 5.1.0 #1144 or greater, otherwise please re-download from our website.
Step 1.A - Export data from KHS
- Update KHS to version 16.40.1 or greater
- Open KHS > click Data Exchange > select Export to CSV > click Continue
- Down the bottom, tick Select All > click Continue > click Yes
- Select a Folder on your computer to save the files to (e.g. Documents\KHS Export) > click OK
- Note: You must please remember this folder!
- KHS will then close and re-open.
- Write down or remember the following KHS values:
- KHS > Settings > General > Date Format
- KHS > Public Talk > Host > Host Type
- You can now close KHS
- Open File Explorer and navigate to the folder above. You should now see many CSV files there. If not, you did not Export correctly, or you saved the files to a different folder.
Step 1.B (Optional) - Export Field Service data (Publisher Records) or Meeting Attendance Records from KHS
If you need to also import Member Field Service Data (Publisher Records) or Meeting Attendance Records, please first Contact Us to request additional instructions. While it might be possible to import Field Service data later, we strongly recommend you import Field Service data at this time.
Step 2 - Import into JW Scheduler
- Note: Please ensure you have already followed Step 1.A and optionally Step 1.B above.
- Open JW Scheduler
- At Getting Started, click Import Congregation > from Majestic KHS
- Note: If you have already created a congregation, it is best to first Delete the congregation before importing from Majestic KHS.
- Note: DO NOT click Import from CSV! Click Import from Majestic KHS!
- Select your KHS settings
- Note: The Date Format is very important! This value must match your KHS > Settings > General Date Format
- Click Import
- Select the Folder where you saved the data in Export from KHS > Step 4 above
- Note: You need to only select the Folder, not the files. No files will be shown
- Click Select Folder
- Your data will now import.
- Once the Import is completed, the import log will appear. This shows what data was imported into JW Scheduler as well as any data that could not be imported.
- Please carefully check the Import Log, and click Save Import Log if necessary.
- Note: When you click Save Import Log, you will be asked where to save this file to. Select a location on your computer, e.g. Documents.
- If there are any major problems, see Import Problems
- Open File Explorer and delete all the KHS CSV files
Import Data into an Existing Congregation
Important: We strongly recommend you import Majestic KHS data when you first create a JW Scheduler congregation by following the instructions above. If you have already created a JW Scheduler congregation, we strongly recommend you first Delete the congregation before importing.
However, if someone else in your congregation has already been using JW Scheduler for a long time, you can import the following data into an existing JW Scheduler congregation:
- Import Problems
- Import a Congregation
- Import Members and Publisher Records
- Import Field Service data into an existing congregation
- Import Public Speakers into an existing congregation
- Export for Circuit Overseer (CO)
- Delete a existing congregation