JW Scheduler strongly believes your congregation and member data is your own, and you should be able to Import and Export your data as you wish. We also believe that as true Christians, it is both reasonable and right to allow data exchange between other JW scheduling programs. JW Scheduler supports Importing and Exporting Members into a variety of common file formats.
Unfortunatly, some software companies go to great lengths to lock users in and do not provide ways to export Member or Field Service data. While this practise is unethical and actually illegal in some countries, there is little we can do if a software company does this.
Import Members from a KHS Data Exchange file
Sorry, it is not possible to import a Majestic KHS Publisher Exchange file from another congregation into JW Scheduler.
At present, Majestic KHS encrypts their Data Exchange files and stops other software programs from importing. They provide no way to export a member and their Field Service data for sending to another congregation who is not using Majestic KHS. We have repeatedly asked them to do this, and they have repeatedly refused.
While we feel this is not right, unethical and actually illegal in some countries, there is nothing we can do. At this time we recommend simply manually adding the member to your congregation.
Import Your Members from Majestic KHS
Important Notes - Please read first
- If you have not yet created a JW Scheduler Congregation, or have just started using JW Scheduler, DO NOT USE THESE INSTRUCTIONS. Please see Import Congregation from Majestic KHS instead. These instructions are only for importing Members into an existing JW Scheduler Congregation.
- You should not enable Congregation Sharing until after all Importing has been fully completed. If Congregation Sharing is already enabled, it is best to disable before importing.
- If you want to also import Member Field Service Data (Publisher Records), please first Contact Us and request additional instructions.
- Please ensure you are using JW Scheduler version 4.9.0 #1126 or greater, otherwise please re-download from our website.
- If the First name and Last name exactly match an existing member, the member will be merged. Otherwise a new member will be created.
Step 1.A - Export Member data from KHS
- Update KHS to version 16.40.1 or greater
- Open KHS > click Data Exchange > select Export to CSV > click Continue
- Tick Congregation > click Continue > click Yes
- Select a Folder on your computer to save the files to (e.g. Documents\KHS Export) > click OK
- Note: You must please remember this folder!
- KHS will then close and re-open.
- Write down or remember the following KHS values:
- KHS > Settings > General > Date Format
- You can now close KHS
- Open File Explorer and navigate to the folder above. You should now at least two CSV files there. If not, you did not Export correctly, or you saved the files to a different folder.
Step 1.B (Optional) - Export Field Service data (Publisher Records) from KHS
If you need to also import Member Field Service Data (Publisher Records), please first Contact Us to request additional instructions.
Step 2 - Import into JW Scheduler
- Note: Please ensure you have already followed Step 1.A and optionally Step 1.B above.
- Open JW Scheduler
- Create a Backup of your Data
- Note: See Backup All your Data
- Click Members
- Click Import > from Majestic KHS
- Note: DO NOT click Import from CSV! Click Import from Majestic KHS!
- Select your KHS settings
- Note: The Date Format is very important! This value must match your KHS > Settings > General Date Format
- Click Import
- Select the Folder where you saved the data in Export from KHS > Step 4 above.
- Note: You need to only select the Folder, not the files. No files will shown.
- Click Select Folder
- Import Problems
- Import a Congregation
- Import Members and Publisher Records
- Import Field Service data into an existing congregation
- Import Public Speakers into an existing congregation
- Export for Circuit Overseer (CO)
- Delete a existing congregation