When a publisher sends data back to the congregation, it is not automatically received by JW Scheduler. It must be manually imported by an elder into JW Scheduler.
Receive data from the NW Publisher app
- Note: The following applies to all App Data except Public Witnessing Reservations
- Click App > App Persons
- The column Data Waiting to Import shows which persons have sent data back to the congregation, and is now waiting to Import.
- Note: You can also Filter the App Persons List by Data Waiting and by Field Service Group
- Select the person who has data waiting to import.
- Note: If you select only one person, you can see a Preview of the data waiting to import.
- Carefully check the preview of the Data Waiting to Import
- Click either Import or Delete
- Note: Importing data will overwrite any existing data.
- Note: If you do not want to import certain data, simply select that data and click Delete
- Note: You can select multiple persons at once, or even Select All, but you will lose the Preview function.
Receive Public Witnessing Reservations from NW Publisher app
- Click Schedule > Public Witnessing > Public Witnessing Schedule
- Click Sync App Reservations
What data can be Received from the App?
When a publisher returns a Contact Information Request, the returned data will contain the publishers name, address, phone numbers, email, Date of Birth, Date of Baptism, as well as their Emergency Contact Details.
- Note: See App Persons > Send Contact Details for more information
- Note: After Emergency Contacts are imported, they may need to be linked to Congregation persons. Please see Emergency Contacts Help.
Territory Assignments Returned (Checked In)
Checked In (or returned) Territory Assignments are imported and saved into Congregation > Territory Assignment Records
- Note: The territory will eventually be removed from the publishers app when they next receive an assignment, duty or any other change.
New or updated Away Periods are imported and saved into Persons > Away Periods.
- Note: If the publisher has any existing Assignments or Duties during an Away Period, both the publisher and the elder importing will receive a Warning. These conflicts should then be manually fixed.
New Literature Requests are imported and saved into Congregation > Literature
- Note: These literature requests will have the Status of Publisher Requested.
Public Witnessing Reservations
This data is imported slightly differently from other App data.
When Schedule > Public Witnessing > Public Witnessing Schedule >Sync App Reservations is clicked, all Public Witnessing Reservations from the entire congregation is imported.
Common Questions and Problems
Please carefully re-read Receive data from the NW Publisher app above. All data must be Imported from JWS Publisher app into JW Scheduler. If you do not Import the data, it will not appear.
If a brother clicks Clear instead of Import, the data will not be imported and will not appear. It is permanently deleted.
If a brother clicks Import but is not using Congregation Sharing correctly, the data will import but not show correctly for other elders. Please see Congregation Sharing Data or Syncing Problems to learn how to correctly use Congregation Sharing and fix any problems.
In all cases, you should first check both the App Logs and Sharing logs.