User Access is used to limit or restrict what different brothers can access in JW Scheduler. This helps maintain confidentiality and avoid accidental editing.
For example, you might choose to allow only a few elders to edit Member Information, but allow other elders to view this information. You might allow a certain ministerial servant to edit the Congregation Meeting Attendance, but not access anything else. You might choose to allow only the COBE and Life and Ministry Overseer to edit the Life and Ministry Schedule, but other elders can view.
User Access is built into Congregation Sharing. If Congregation Sharing is enabled, User Access is automatically enabled and cannot be disabled.
To Edit or View User Access, click Congregation > Congregation Sharing > User Access
How to Edit User Access
- Note: Only Congregation Administrators can edit User Access. Any member who has Congregation Sharing – Edit access is considered a Congregation Administrator. We strongly recommend having at least 2 Congregation Administrators.
- Note: If you are editing your own User Access, you cannot change your own Congregation Sharing User Access, otherwise you might lock yourself out! It will be greyed out.
- Click Congregation > Congregation Sharing
- Select the Shared Member
- Note: If a member is not in the Shared Members list, they cannot connect to the congregation and therefore have no access.
- Click User Access
- The current User Access for that user will load and be shown.
- Adjust the User Access for each area of JW Scheduler by using the circle Radio Buttons. For each area of JW Scheduler can select either Edit, View or No access.
- Optionally, you may choose to select a Suggested User Access and then click Load. This will change the update User Access to the Suggested User Access.
- Note: If you don’t click Load, nothing will change. You must click Load to load the suggested user access.
- Click Save to save any changes, or Cancel to close without saving.
Note: The Load Suggested field does NOT represent the current User Access. This is only used to load a suggested user access. The current User Access is show by the radio buttons for each screen, either Edit, View or None. When you re-open User Access for a member, the Load Suggested does not update, for obvious reasons.
How does User Access work?
App View User Access
- Any member with JW Scheduler App – View access can:
- View the APP screen
- Send data
- Note: They cannot view App Members.
- Any member with JW Scheduler App – Edit access can:
- Send and Receive data
- Edit Congregation App Settings
- View or Edit App Members.
User Access Problems
If you have a problem with User Access:
- Close and re-open JW Scheduler.
- Contact your Congregation Administrator and ask him to check your User Access.