User Access is used to limit or restrict what different brothers can View and Edit in JW Scheduler. This helps maintain confidentiality as well as avoid accidental editing.
For example, you might choose to allow only two Elders to Edit Member information, whereas all other Elders can View this information only. You might allow a certain Ministerial Servant to edit the Congregation Meeting Attendance, but not access anything else in JW Scheduler. You might choose to allow only the COBE and Life and Ministry Overseer to edit the Life and Ministry Schedule.
User Access can be found on the Members view > User Access tab.
How to Edit User Access
- Click Members view > select the Member you want to edit > click User Access tab.
- Note: User Access is granted on a per user basis.
- Adjust the user access for that member, as required.
- Note: By default, Publishers will have No access, Ministerial Servants will have View access to most areas and Elders will have Edit access to all areas.
- Note: If publishers or certain brothers do not use JW Scheduler, there is no need to adjust their User Access. User Access only affects those who actually use JW Scheduler.
- Note: At least two members must have Edit access to both Members and Congregation Information at all times. Otherwise you will lock yourself out of the congregation!
How to Enable User Access
At least two members must exist in the congregation (click Members > Add Member)
- At least two members must have EDIT access to Members: Information and Members: User Access (click Members > User Access)
- Click Congregation > Congregation Information > Enable Congregation Sharing
- Note: If you are not Sharing this congregation, then obviously there is no need to use User Access.
- Click Congregation > Congregation Information > Enable User Access
- You will then be asked to identify yourself. Please select your name.
- Note: In the rare case you select the wrong name, you can change this in the Settings view.
- User Access will now be enabled for everyone using JW Scheduler and Sharing this congregation.
How does User Access work?
Once User Access has been enabled for a congregation, all JW Scheduler users will be asked to identify themselves the next time they open JW Scheduler. Their access to the various JW Scheduler views will then depend on their User Access settings, as found in the Members > User Access tab.
If a user has Edit access for a particular view, they can edit anything in that view. For example, if a certain Ministerial Servant has Edit access to Congregation – Meeting Attendance, he will be able to view, edit and print the congregation Meeting Attendance.
If a user has View access for a particular view, they can view, but not edit, anything in that view. For example, if a certain Elder has has View access to Schedule – Life and Ministry Meeting, he will be able to view and print the Life and Ministry Meeting schedule, but not edit.
If a user has None access for a particular view, they can not view, edit or print anything in that view. Instead they will receive a message telling them they do not have access.
User Access when Scheduling the Christian Life and Ministry Meeting
JW Scheduler User Access now has the option to limit access to scheduling the two sections of the Christian Life and Ministry Meeting.
- Life and Ministry Meeting (CLMO): This allows the Christian Life and Ministry Meeting Overseer (CLMO) to scheduler the Treasures from God’s Word Bible Reading as well as all Apply Yourself to the Field Ministry assignments. This includes Initial Call, Return Visits, Bible Studies, Student Talks and Auxiliary Counselors. This also includes scheduling for any Auxiliary schools.
- Life and Ministry Meeting (COBE): This allows the Coordinator of the Body of Elders (COBE) to schedule all non-school related parts, including Chairman, Prayers, Treasures from God’s Word (except Bible Reading) and Living as Christians parts.