User Access is used to limit or restrict what different brothers can access in JW Scheduler. This helps maintain confidentiality and avoid accidental editing.
For example, you might choose to allow only a few elders to edit Member Information, but allow other elders to view this information. You might allow a certain ministerial servant to edit the Congregation Meeting Attendance, but not access anything else. You might choose to allow only the COBE and Life and Ministry Overseer to edit the Life and Ministry Schedule.
User Access is now built into Congregation Sharing. If Congregation Sharing is enabled, User Access is also automatically enabled and can not be disabled. To edit or view User Access, click Congregation > Congregation Sharing.
How to Edit User Access
Congregation Sharing must be enabled and you must be connected to the Congregation. Only Congregation Administrators can edit User Access. Any member who has Congregation Sharing – Edit access is considered a Congregation Sharing Administrator.
- Click Congregation > Congregation Sharing
- Select the member
- Note: If a member is not in the Shared Members list, they cannot connect to the congregation and therefore have no access.
- On the right-side, the current User Access for the member is shown.
- Note: Green means they have Edit access, Orange means View access and Grey means No access.
- Select what area of JW Scheduler you want to adjust access for, and select either Edit, View or None.
- Note: By default, Elders will have Edit access to all areas and Ministerial Servants will have View access to certain areas.
- Note: At least one member must have Edit access to both Congregation Information, Congregation Sharing and Member Information at all times. Otherwise you will lock yourself out of the congregation! If you lock yourself out, Congregation Sharing must be disabled and re-enabled.
How does User Access work?
If a member has Edit access for a particular view, they can edit anything in that view. For example, if a certain Ministerial Servant has Edit access to Congregation – Meeting Attendance, he will be able to view, edit and print the congregation Meeting Attendance.
If a user has View access for a particular view, they can only view. For example, if a certain Elder has has View access to Schedule – Life and Ministry Meeting, he will be able to view and print the Life and Ministry Meeting schedule, but not edit.
If a user has None access for a particular view, they can not view, edit or print anything in that view. Instead they will receive a message telling them they do not have access.
User Access when Scheduling the Christian Life and Ministry Meeting
JW Scheduler User Access can limit access to scheduling the two sections of the Christian Life and Ministry Meeting.
- Life and Ministry Meeting (CLMO): This allows the Christian Life and Ministry Meeting Overseer (CLMO) to scheduler the Treasures from God’s Word Bible Reading as well as all Apply Yourself to the Field Ministry assignments. This includes Initial Call, Return Visits, Bible Studies and Student Talks. This also includes scheduling for any Auxiliary schools.
- Life and Ministry Meeting (COBE): This allows the Coordinator of the Body of Elders (COBE) to schedule all non-school related parts, including Chairman, Prayers, Treasures from God’s Word (except Bible Reading), Living as Christians parts and Auxiliary Counselors.