When a new regular version of JW Scheduler is released, you will be notified the next time you open JW Scheduler. Details about the new version are also shown. Please carefully read the New Version Information before updating. This contains any special instructions about the new update as well as User Interface changes.
- Note: Beta Version Updates are only released to those who agree to receive them. Please see Beta Version Updates for more information.
We recommend updating to the latest version soon after it is released. After a few months, older versions of JW Scheduler are no longer supported and you may have difficulty updating.
If you have enabled Congregation Sharing, you should try and coordinate when you update with others. This is because Congregation Sharing only works if everyone is using the same version of JW Scheduler.
- Note: If one member updates, other users will not be able to continue using Congregation Sharing until they update, and therefore should not use JW Scheduler until they are also ready to update.
How to update the JW Scheduler program
- Opening JW Scheduler causes JW Scheduler to check for any new versions. If a new version is detected, a New Version Available message is shown.
- Carefully read the Important Notes and Release Notes.
- Click Update Now
- After the download has completed, JW Scheduler will automatically close and begin the installation.
- Note: As with all software packages, JW Scheduler must be CLOSED when you install the new version.
- In JW scheduler, click Settings > Check for Updates
- If a new version is detected, follow the steps above.
- Visit our website and click Downloads
- Use the alternate download link to manually download the latest version.
- Ensure JW Scheduler and all related files are closed.
- Once downloaded, install this version.
- Note: Please do not uninstall the previous version. Simply download and install the new version. It will update your previous version.
Update Templates or other Language data
Templates, Public Talk Outlines and other User Interface data, such as language updates, are updated when a new version of JW Scheduler is released.
Please feel free to Help Improve JW Scheduler Translations