Due to the overwhelming support for JW Scheduler, we have received many Feature Requests and Suggestions. Thank you for your suggestions!
We are pleased to announce that we are currently working on some exciting new features that will make JW Scheduler even better! The following New Feature Roadmap highlights which features should be available with each new version of JW Scheduler.
However please note that the Roadmap is not set in stone. It is a plan only. It is possible even more additional new features might be added, or some features might be moved to later versions.
If you have a Suggestion or Feature Request that is not on the Roadmap below, please feel free to Contact Us and let us know.
JW Scheduler New Feature Roadmap
JW Scheduler 2.7
- Add a Custom Duty type that can be scheduled on the Duties Schedule page.
- Split the Sound and Video Duty into two separate Duties.
- New Templates and Reports: Duties by People, People by Duty, Emergency Contacts, School Summary, Student Details, Congregation Assignments
- Secretary Feature: Congregation Assignments, e.g. Literature Brother, Accounts Servant, etc.
- Limiting User Access, for example preventing Ministerial Servants from viewing or editing Member data.
- Importing data from tswin, Public Talk 2018 by theocraticsoftware.
- Baptism date and Birth date changed to DATE selection box, not textbox.
- Import Members from Excel or csv
- Export Members to Excel or csv
- Improve Translation support
- Foreign Groups can also schedule Living parts.
JW Scheduler 2.8
- Secretary Feature: Group Overseers able to submit group reports.
- Ability to swap Firstname/Lastname Display on reports.
- Password Recovery for JW Scheduler Password protection
- CLM Part History shows who the assistant was.
- Public Talk scheduling more than 12 months ahead.
- In-program Download Now for new versions of JW Scheduler.
JW Scheduler 2.9
- JW Scheduler Installation package smaller
- Settings View shows more details about Version information.
- Advanced Usage and Error Tracking
- Public Witnessing
JW Scheduler Apple iOS & Google Android App
Our most requested feature is to make JW Scheduler for Apple iOS or Google Android, so it can be used on tablets and smartphones. Thank you for requesting this. However as explained in the Frequently Asked Questions:
“There are currently no plans to release the full JW Scheduler on iOS or Android. This would involve a huge amount of work, and is really not necessary. Tablets and Smartphones are wonderful tools for attending meetings & the ministry, but they are not designed for deep study, research, congregation management and scheduling.
It is entirely reasonable that all appointed brothers own a simple and affordable laptop or desktop computer. That way they can use Watchtower Library, write and print talks, perform in-depth research, write correspondence to the branch and perform other congregation duties.
In fact, a cheap laptop can be purchased for just a few hundred dollars, which is cheaper than an iPad and many smart phones!”
Therefore please do not request the full JW Scheduler for iOS or Android. Having said that…
JW Scheduler - Publisher Edition for Apple iOS & Google Android
We are pleased to announce that we are currently in preliminary design mode for a new app called JW Scheduler – Publisher Edition for Apple iOS and Google Android. This app will compliment JW Scheduler and enable Congregation Publishers to receive notifications and reminders on their phone for upcoming CLM Parts, Talks, Duties, Cleaning and possibly more. We anticipate this app will be free for all Publishers. More details will be made available in the future.