Due to the overwhelming support for JW Scheduler, we have received many Feature Requests and Suggestions. Thank you for your suggestions!
We are pleased to announce that we are currently working on some exciting new features that will make JW Scheduler even better! The following New Feature Roadmap highlights which features should be available with each new version of JW Scheduler.
However please note that the Roadmap is not set in stone. It is a plan only. It is possible even more additional new features might be added, or some features might be moved to later versions.
If you have a Suggestion or Feature Request that is not on the Roadmap below, please feel free to Contact Us and let us know.
JW Scheduler New Feature Roadmap
JW Scheduler 3.2
- Include a Sample Congregation to help when first trying JW Scheduler.
- Importing data other programs, such as Public Talk 2018 by theocraticsoftware and Hourglass.
- Ability to swap Firstname/Lastname Display on reports.
- Allow “Disabling” members, e.g. when they move away.
- Portable Version of JW Scheduler
- Allow JW Scheduler to correctly install as another user, e.g. Administrator
JW Scheduler 3.3
- Log when the User Member has changed.
- Update all Templates to the new format.
- Quicker Language updates.
- Password Recovery for JW Scheduler Password protection
- Change Meeting Day to Tuesday for CO visit.
- CLM Part History shows who the assistant was.
- Public Talk scheduling more than 12 months ahead.
- Import Members from Excel or csv
- Export Members to Excel or csv
- Settings View shows more details about Version information.
- Advanced Usage and Error Tracking
- Public Witnessing
- Group Overseers able to submit group reports.
- Allow 24-hour time.
- Allow entering of CO or Special Talk titles
JW Scheduler Apple iOS & Google Android App
Our most requested feature is to make JW Scheduler for Apple iOS or Google Android, so it can be used on tablets and smartphones. Thank you for requesting this. However as explained in the Frequently Asked Questions:
“There are currently no plans to release the full JW Scheduler on iOS or Android. This would involve a huge amount of work, and is really not necessary. Tablets and Smartphones are wonderful tools for attending meetings & the ministry, but they are not designed for deep study, research, congregation management and scheduling.
It is entirely reasonable that all appointed brothers own a simple and affordable laptop or desktop computer. That way they can use Watchtower Library, write and print talks, perform in-depth research, write correspondence to the branch and perform other congregation duties.
In fact, a cheap laptop can be purchased for just a few hundred dollars, which is cheaper than an iPad and many smart phones!”
Therefore please do not request the full JW Scheduler for iOS or Android. Having said that…
JW Scheduler - Publisher Edition for Apple iOS & Google Android
We are pleased to announce that we are currently in preliminary design mode for a new app called JW Scheduler – Publisher Edition for Apple iOS and Google Android. This app will compliment JW Scheduler and enable Congregation Publishers to receive notifications and reminders on their phone for upcoming CLM Parts, Talks, Duties, Cleaning and possibly more. We anticipate this app will be free for all Publishers. More details will be made available in the future.