JW Scheduler – Publisher Edition is an iOS and Android App that allows publishers to see upcoming Christian Life and Ministry meeting & Public Talk assignments, upcoming Duties, upcoming Life and Ministry meeting, Weekend meeting and Field Service schedules, submit Field Service Reports, view upcoming Congregation Events and any recent Congregation Announcements.
Data inside the JW Scheduler – Publisher Edition App is generated by JW Scheduler (Desktop Edition for appointed brothers). Therefore you must be using JW Scheduler to allow publishers to use and enable the App.
Publishers should be directed to the JW Scheduler – Publisher Edition App website. The following information is for appointed brothers only.
To request a new language for the App, please see Request a New Language.
IMPORTANT: This is NOT an official App of Jehovah’s Witnesses and does not replace any official App. This App does not contain any misleading information, does not contain any ‘spiritual food’ and does not gather any personal data from users. All data inside this App comes from the local congregation only. Just as Skype & Zoom Apps help Jehovah’s Witnesses hold digital meetings, this App helps publishers digitally receive information from the local congregation.
Enable JW Scheduler - Publisher Edition App
Note: Before enabling the JW Scheduler – Publisher Edition App, please ensure you understand how the App works, how to setup and how to solve any problems. Please also ensure the elders are willing to help and support the publishers, since we are unable to offer individual support for publishers.
- Open JW Scheduler
- Click App
- Click the button Enable JW Scheduler App
- Set a 6-digit Congregation PIN
- Note: This PIN will be given to publishers to allow them to connect to your congregation.
- The App has now been enabled!
- Note: Please see How Publishers connect to your Congregation below.
How publishers connect to the congregation
- Before publishers can connect to the congregation, you must Send the Members to the App.
- Note: Please see Send and Receive Data from the App
- Ask the publisher to download the App on their mobile device, and then give them the following information:
- Congregation ID
- Congregation PIN
- Member PIN
- Note: Please see App Members
- First name
- Publishers should be directed to the JW Scheduler – Publisher Edition App website for more information about the App or to Download the JW Scheduler App.
The Disable App button will disable the App for your congregation. This means no publishers will be able to use the JW Scheduler Publisher Edition App.
The App Log button will show a recent activity Log of who sent data to the JW Scheduler Publisher Edition App. It can be used to diagnose App data problems. You should always check the App Log when diagnosing problems.
The Change PIN button will change the Congregation App PIN. This PIN is used by congregation members when connecting to your congregation, so be sure to tell publishers the new PIN.
- Note: This will not affect anyone who has already connected. It will only affect new publishers who connect, or publishers who connect using a new device.
The Refresh Congregation button will resend all Congregation App Data to the App Server, e.g. Congregation Announcements, Congregation Events and Schedules.
- Note: This button should only be used if you notice data problems or inconsistencies between JW Scheduler and the App, which would be quite rare.
Reminders and Notifications
Notifications are automatically sent whenever a student has a new Assignment or Duty, or when there is a new Congregation Announcement or Congregation Event.
There is no way to manually create notifications and we do not plan on adding this feature.
- Note: Users can disable Notifications in their phone settings. Apple iOS users must also Allow Notifications when first opening the App.
Reminders are automatically generated based on the App Settings of the user, which can be adjusted by the user.
There is no way to manually create a reminder and we do not plan on adding this feature.
- Note: Users can disable Reminders in their phone settings. Apple iOS users must also Allow Reminders when first opening the App.
The default Reminder settings are:
- Initial Reminder 6 days before any upcoming Assignment.
- Final Reminder 24 hours before any upcoming Assignment.
- Initial Reminder 1 day before any upcoming Assignment.
- Final Reminder 1 hour before any upcoming Assignment.
Field Service Report:
- Reminder to submit their report on the 1st of the new month at 7pm.
- Another Reminder to submit their report on the 7th of the new month. (If not already submitted)
- Final Reminder to submit their report on the 14th of the month. (If not already submitted)
Enable or Disable Field Service Reporting
By default, Field Service Reporting is Enabled.
To change, click App > tick or untick Allow Submit Reports
App View User Access
JW Scheduler User Access works a little differently on the App View:
- Any member with JW Scheduler App – View or Edit access can see the APP View and Send data.
- Any member with JW Scheduler App – Edit access can Receive data, edit Congregation App Settings and see or edit App Members.
Please see JW Scheduler User Access for information about how to edit User Access.