JWS Publisher is an app designed for congregation publishers that can run on Apple iOS, Google Android and Amazon Fire tablet mobile devices.
JWS Publisher allows publishers to:
- See upcoming Christian Life and Ministry meeting & Public Talk assignments, and Duties
- View Life and Ministry meeting, Weekend meeting and Field Service Schedules
- Submit Field Service Reports
- View upcoming Congregation Events and Congregation Announcements
- And much much more. Please see JWS Publisher Features for more details.
JWS Publisher app data is generated by your local congregation JW Scheduler. Therefore you must be using JW Scheduler to allow publishers to the app.
- Please visit the JWS Publisher App Website for more information about JWS Publisher and to Download JWS Publisher
- Please see Common App Questions & Problems if you have any questions or problems
- Please see How does the JWS Publisher App work? for more information about how JWS Publisher works
- To request a new language, please see Request a New Language
IMPORTANT: This is NOT an official App of Jehovah’s Witnesses and does not replace any official App. This App does not contain any misleading information, does not contain any ‘spiritual food’ and does not gather any personal data from users. All data inside this App comes from the local congregation only. Just as Skype & Zoom Apps help Jehovah’s Witnesses hold digital meetings, this App helps publishers digitally receive information from the local congregation.
After viewing the video “choose your apps wisely”, some publishers have incorrectly concluded that we should only install apps or visit websites that are officially provided by the organisation. The video did not say this. This is also both unreasonable and impossible. Instead the video actually stated that we should be ‘cautious about using apps or visiting websites not provided by the organization’. This is wise, and is something each Christian should use his bible trained conscience to do. (see w14 7/15 14)
Enable JWS Publisher app
Note: Before enabling the JWS Publisher app, please ensure you understand how the App works, how to setup and how to solve any problems. We are unable to offer individual support for publishers.
- Open JW Scheduler
- Click App
- Click Enable JWS Publisher app
- Create a 6-digit Congregation PIN
- Note: This PIN must be given to publishers to allow them to connect to your congregation.
- Click Send App Data
- Select All the Data to Send
- Click Prepare
- Click Send
- The App has now been enabled! See How Publishers Connect.
How Publishers Connect
- Ask the publisher to download JWS Publisher app on their mobile device. They can do this by:
- Visiting JWSchedulerApp.com > Download, or
- Searching for JWS Publisher in the Apple Store, Google Play Store or Amazon Store.
- Give each publisher the following information:
- Congregation ID
- Congregation PIN
- Member PIN
- Note: Please see App Members
- First name
- Publishers should be directed to the JWS Publisher app website for more information about the app or if they have any problems.
- Note: We cannot give support to individual Publishers. Publishers should receive technical support and training from their local elders or the JWS Publisher app website.
The App Summary lists a brief summary of the App usage in your congregation, and includes the following:
- Congregation ID. This is used by publishers to connect to the App.
- Congregation PIN. This is used by publishers to connection to the App.
- App Members. The total number of publishers in your congregation who can potentially connect to the App.
- Connected. The number of publishers who have already connected to the App.
- Delegated. The number of publishers who have their App access delegated to someone else.
- Not Connected. The total number of publishers who have not yet connected, and are not delegated.
- Latest App Version. The number of publishers who are using the latest App version.
- Note: The latest App version is also shown in brackets. See Downloading the App for more information.
- Old App Version. The number of members who are using an older App version.
- Note: Elders should please ensure all publishers update to the latest version as soon as practical. If publishers have installed the App via an App Store, this is usually automatic.
The App Log button will show a recent activity Log of who sent data to the JWS Publisher app. It can be used to diagnose app data problems. You should always check the App Log when diagnosing problems.
The Change PIN button will change the Congregation App PIN. This PIN is used by congregation members when connecting to your congregation, so be sure to tell publishers the new PIN.
- Note: This will not affect anyone who has already connected. It will only affect new publishers who connect, or publishers who connect using a new device.
The Disable App button will disable the app for your congregation. This means no publishers will be able to use the JWS Publisher app.
Notifications & Reminders
Reminders are automatically generated based on the Settings of the publisher, which can be adjusted or disabled by the publisher in the App Settings.
There is no way to manually create a reminder and we do not plan on adding this feature.
- Note: Please see Common Questions and Problems – Reminders and Notifications for more information.
The default Reminder settings are:
Submit Field Service Report
- Reminder to submit their report on the 1st of the new month at 7pm.
- Another Reminder to submit their report on the 8th of the month. (If not already submitted)
- Final Reminder to submit their report on the 15th of the month. (If not already submitted)
- Initial Reminder 7 days before any upcoming Assignment.
- Final Reminder 24 hours before any upcoming Assignment.
- Initial Reminder 1 day before any upcoming Assignment.
- Final Reminder 1 hour before any upcoming Assignment.
- Initial Reminder 7 days before any upcoming Event.
- Final Reminder 24 hours before any upcoming Event.