JW Scheduler – Publisher Edition is an iOS and Android App that allows publishers to see upcoming Christian Life and Ministry meeting & Public Talk assignments, upcoming Duties, upcoming Life and Ministry meeting, Weekend meeting and Field Service schedules, submit Field Service Reports, view upcoming Congregation Events and any recent Congregation Announcements.
Data inside the JW Scheduler – Publisher Edition App is generated by JW Scheduler (Desktop Edition for appointed brothers). Therefore you must be using JW Scheduler to allow publishers to use and enable the App.
Publishers should be directed to the JW Scheduler – Publisher Edition App website. The following information is for appointed brothers only.
To request a new language for the App, please see Request a New Language.
IMPORTANT: This is NOT an official App of Jehovah’s Witnesses and does not replace any official App. This App does not contain any misleading information, does not contain any ‘spiritual food’ and does not gather any personal data from users. All data inside this App comes from the local congregation only. Just as Skype & Zoom Apps help Jehovah’s Witnesses hold digital meetings, this App helps publishers digitally receive information from the local congregation.
Enable JW Scheduler - Publisher Edition App
Note: Before enabling the JW Scheduler – Publisher Edition App, please ensure you understand how the App works, how to setup and how to solve any problems. Please also ensure the elders are willing to help and support the publishers, since we are unable to offer individual support for publishers.
- Open JW Scheduler
- Click App
- Click the button Enable JW Scheduler App
- Set a 6-digit Congregation PIN
- Note: This PIN will be given to publishers to allow them to connect to your congregation.
- The App has now been enabled!
- Before publishers can connect to the congregation, you must Send the Members to the App. (Please see below for instructions).
- Note: By default, all Publishers and CLM students with a First Name will be waiting to send to the App.
How to Send data to the App
Unlike Congregation Sharing, new schedules or updates made in JW Scheduler are not automatically sent to the App. All data must be sent manually by the person who created it. The reason for this is often when scheduling assignments or duties, especially if using Auto Assign, lots of changes are made before the schedule is “complete”.
Data should only be sent to the App once the schedule is complete and final, since data sent to the App will immediately trigger notifications on the publishers devices, depending on their preferences. While changes or updates can later be made, it will frustrate publishers to receive a constant stream of new notifications.
The only exception is removing data. If you remove an assignment, announcement, event, etc or clear a schedule, these changes are automatically sent to the APP after a few seconds. Publishers are not notified when data is removed.
It is recommend to send any new or updated data to the App before you close JW Scheduler. If you try and close JW Scheduler while still having unsent data, you will receive a warning. Even so, if you close JW Scheduler without sending the data, you can still send the data in the future when you next open JW Scheduler.
Note: It is not possible to send changes to the App that someone else made. The brother responsible for creating or updating a schedule is also responsible for sending this data to the App.
- Once new or updated data has been added to JW Scheduler, click App
- Note: New or updated data might include adding a new member, assigning a new Public Talk or duty, updating an Event, etc.
- Under Send to App, select which data type you would like to send to the App
- Note: You will see how much new or updated data is waiting to be sent. You cannot send “no data”.
- Click Send
- Note: All data sent and received from the App is logged in the App Log.
Allow publishers to connect to the congregation
- Please ensure the App has been Enabled and the Member data has been sent to the App.
- Any members listed in App Members and with Sent to App as Yes is able to connect to the congregation using the iOS or Android App.
- Ask the publisher to download the App on their mobile device, and then give them the following information:
- Congregation ID
- Congregation PIN
- Member PIN
- First name
- A report of all App Members and their Member PINs can be printed by clicking Print App Members, or from Reports > Members > App Members
- Note: We recommend Group Overseers help those in their field service group install and use the App.
What data can be Sent to the App?
Members. Any Publisher or CLM Student with a First Name, and without Member > Assign > Disable App ticked will show in the App Members list. Members who have already been Sent to App cannot be re-sent unless you change the member or click Reset PIN.
Events. Any future congregation event found in Congregation > Congregation Events & Announcements can be sent to the App.
Announcements. Any congregation announcement created or edited within the last 30 days in Congregation > Congregation Events & Announcements can be sent to the App.
CLM Assignments. Any future Christian Life and Ministry Meeting assignments, such as Chairman, Prayers, Auxiliary Counselor, Treasures from God’s Word, Apply Yourself to the Field Ministry school parts & assistants, and Living as Christians parts.
Weekend Assignments. Any future Local and Away Public Talks, Weekend Chairman, Watchtower Reader and Hospitality assignments. These are found in Schedule > Public Talks Local and Schedule > Public Talks Away.
Duties. Any future Duties, including Attendant, Security, Sound, Video, Platform, Microphones, Custom Duties, Cleaning and Garden Care. These are found in Schedule > Duties, Schedule > Cleaning and Schedule > Garden Care.
Meeting Schedules. All upcoming Life and Ministry Meeting or Weekend Meeting schedules in the next 3 months can be sent to the App. Only the next 2 weeks will be displayed.
Field Service Schedules. All upcoming Field Service schedules in the next 2 months can be sent to the App. Only the next 2 weeks will be displayed.
How to Get data from the App
When a publisher sends data back to the congregation, such as their Field Service Report, it must be “received” by JW Scheduler. Receiving the data imports it into JW Scheduler and permanently removes it from the JW Scheduler App Server.
- To receive data from publishers using the App, click App.
- Under Get from App, select what data you would like to receive and import.
- Click Receive.
- Note: You will be notified how much data, if any, was imported.
What data can be Received from the App?
Publisher Reports. Once received, these are automatically saved into Members > Publisher Record.
How to Add, Edit or Remove a Member
Only members listed in the App Members list and Sent to App can use the JW Scheduler – Publisher Edition App and connect to your congregation.
To Add a Member
- Members are automatically added to the App Members list when the following is true:
- They are a Publisher or CLM Student.
- They have a First Name
- Disable App is unticked (in Members > Assign)
- Members in the App List are displayed according to their status:
- Grey. Members added to App Members list but who have not yet been Sent to the App. These members cannot connect to the App.
- Light yellow. Members added to the App Members list and Sent to the App, but who have not yet connected. These members can connect to the App.
- White. Members who have been Sent to the App and have connected.
To Remove a Member
- Members will be automatically removed from the APP Members list and not able to connect to the congregation if they have Disable App ticked (under Member > Assign) or they are deleted.
To Edit a Member
- To edit any member details, use Members > Member Information.
- Note: If you change their First Name, remember you also must Send this data to the App.
- To change a Members PIN, select the Member, click Reset PIN.
App View User Access
JW Scheduler User Access works a little differently on the App View:
- Any member with JW Scheduler App – View or Edit access can see the APP View.
- Any member with JW Scheduler App – Edit access can access all Congregation and Member buttons (on the right-side).
- Send to App and Get from App access depends on the type of data being sent or received. For example:
- Public Talks – Edit access allows the member to Send Weekend Assignments to the App.
- Congregation Field Service Report – Edit access allows the member to Receive Publisher Reports from the App.