JW Scheduler takes data privacy and security very seriously. We feel that your member and congregation data is yours, and should be fully secure at all times.
We also understand we are living in critical times, and soon the Great Tribulation will arrive.
JW Scheduler implements the following security best-practises:
- All data is stored on your local computer, under your User Profile folder, meaning other users of your computer can’t access it.
- Note: The exact folder is C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Local\JW Scheduler
- All data is always encrypted, both when the program is open and closed.
- Note: JW Scheduler uses a 128-bit key, CipherMode CBC and PaddingMode PKCS7.
- JW Scheduler can be password protected.
- All Backup Files are encrypted and password protected.
- JW Scheduler developers, admins and support personnel cannot view or edit any of your congregation or member data, at any time, under any circumstances.
- Note: Learn how you can quickly and easily Delete all your data.
We also recommend all appointed brothers implement the following security practices:
- Ensure you are using the latest version of Windows and have all the latest Windows Updates installed.
- Ensure your Firewall and Anti-virus software is enabled and up-to-date.
- Note: We strongly recommend using the free in-built Windows 10 Anti-virus and Firewall software.
- Ensure your Windows Login is password protected.
- Choose long and secure passwords for your computer, emails and JW Scheduler.
- Enable Windows BitLocker.
- Keep all external hard drives and USB drives safe and secure.
- Keep all printouts or documents well organised in a safe and secure location.
Two-Factor Authentication (2FA)
For added security, Congregation Sharing uses Two-Factor Authentication (2FA). This means in additional to knowing the Sharing Region, Congregation ID and Congregation Sharing Password, a members Email address is also used to identify and verify they are allowed to connect to the congregation.
Congregation Sharing implements the following best-practise security processes:
- JW Scheduler uses data obfuscation techniques to ensure any transferred data is meaningless unless viewed inside JW Scheduler.
- JW Scheduler uses end-to-end encryption, which means your data is fully secured before it is transferred to other appointed brothers and cannot be opened by anyone outside your congregation.
- JW Scheduler uses 256-bit Encryption Keys uniquely generated by your local computer using your congregation Sharing Password. This means your local data is converted to randomised and meaningless strings before ever leaving your computer.
- JW Scheduler developers or support personnel do not and can not access your encryption keys. It is therefore physically impossible for them to decrypt, view, see or edit your data under any circumstances.
JWS Publisher app
- Only your first name and email are required when using JW Scheduler.
- We do not collect personal information for advertising, tracking or any other purpose.